Monday, September 7, 2009

How to Save Your Marriage - Yes, You Can Fix Your Marriage and Stop Your Divorce Now!

How sad is it that marriages start with such high expectations, joyful celebration and fabulous honeymoon. The harsh reality is that the only direction that you can go is down after that. While all marriages go down a bit, many marriages go way down - to the brink of divorce. My marriage was just like that - and I desperately wanted to fix it.
When things were heading south (to a divorce), I tried everything. I cried, I begged him not to leave, I acted like I didn't care - nothing worked. But - I had to do something to stop this divorce, I was desperate.
Time went on and things became worse. My spouse was barely home anymore (starting his new life, I assume) - I was waiting with dread for the divorce papers. I was so despondent but didn't know what to do.
Fast forward to today - we didn't end up getting a divorce. We have worked things out - our marriage is stronger than ever and we are more in love with each other than we have ever been.
Here's a tip. Don't ever beg your spouse. People always want what they can't get. What does this mean for a troubled marriage? "The more you try to show that you want someone, the less that he or she is going to want you". Do not beg to stop your divorce.
Should you talk about divorce? Well, this is different. Getting a divorce is an awful thing for all involved (even the person who wants the divorce). Even if nobody has mentioned a divorce, it doesn't mean that it isn't on both of your minds. It's kind of like the elephant in the room. If things look like they are headed in that direction anyway, you should be the one to take charge and bring up the subject. This way, the power goes to you to change the direction. If you do nothing, you lose control to try to stop the divorce.
These tips have helped me save my troubled marriage.
Once I understood these critical things that set me on the right path. That track stopped my divorce - it will stop yours too, if you take the right steps.
I had such a troubled marriage that I thought there was no hope at all for reconciliation.
But today, I am still with my husband - I saved my marriage

Maggie Marshall

No comments: