Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Advice For Troubled Marriage - The Truth No One Dares to Share

This topic, advice for troubled marriage has appeared in millions of books worldwide but still people are looking for the right one. I am no expert but I have come to realize one thing that most people are afraid to say. That is, you need to invest money into your marriage.
I know that sounds a bit off but it is the truth. Let me ask you the following questions before I unpack my argument.
• How much have you spent on your looks this year? • How much have you invested in your children (school fees, savings, well fare etc.) • How much have you invested in your career (college fees, seminars, books etc.)
I am sure you have probably spent hundreds of thousands.
All of those things form part of your life and you have done the right thing by spending money to keep them going. Now, how much have you spent investing in your marriage? Except for the money spent on your wedding.
I hope you get my point here and if you were looking for any other type of advice for troubled marriages then you are in the wring place.
You need to take time to learn as much as you can about your spouse. That takes talking to him or her and buying books and resources that will help you understand relationships better. There is no way you will wake up one day and find yourself knowing everything there is to know about marriage.
Do not try to re-invent the wheel just learn from others who have been there and also take the time to see what experts have to say on the subject. The truth is your marriage is unique and no one can really offer you tailor made advice but at least you will have a base to start on.
I am not trying to sell you anything here but I am telling you something no one else will. The day I got this "revelation" was the day my own marriage started taking shape. It didn't happen in one day nor did it happen in 20 days but after investing heavily on it for months I started seeing really good returns

Siyant Olekoe

No comments: