Friday, July 24, 2009

Some of the Best Places to Meet People

I can not say it any clearer. A Bar is a place that you would want to go if you were looking for other people who like to drink. But what do you do if want to meet a friendly, non-drinker? Then I would have to say that we may need to look at other locations.
Are you the shy type? I am too. I combined my shyness along with my love for sports activities and joined a coed softball team through my company. Joining a team develop you into a team player and will help you break the ice with a few of your fellow team mates, which could lead to a first date.
What do you do if your company does not have any sports activities? Well, let look at what a self employed person might do. You could join a club or become an active participant in you local neighborhood groups.
The bottom line is that if you want to meet people then go to where there are a lot of people. Look to meet people when you are at the shopping mall or pro-sporting events are two places that pop to mind. Be ready to strike up a conversation and see if there is anyone there that you are able to make a connection with. I even once decided to take a cooking class at the local community college in order to get out and meet someone. Not only was I able to converse with some new faces, but I learned to make a mean cake.

Douglas Quinn

No comments: